Chhole bhature is a quintessential North Indian dish which is full of flavours and can be easily cooked at home by anyone at home. It is the most popular punjabi dish which is getting famous among all over the India. While chhole gives a spicy taste to your mouth which are made with white chickpeas and bhature will soothe the spice of chhole while is fried leavened flat bread. Lets learn how to cook Chhole Bhature recipe.
Ingredients of Punjabi Style Chole Bhature:
Punjabi chhole are full of flavours for which lots of ingredients are used like cinnamon, cumin whole pepper corns, green and black cardamom, bay leaf which chickpeas and if you tried it once at home, you would not resist yourself to cook it again and again with hot and crispy bhaturas.
Recipe to Prepare Chole:
- Take a hot pan and add oil, bay leaf, cinnamon,
cumin seeds, cloves, whole pepper corns, green and black cardamom in it.
- After these ingredients get brown add chopped
onions and saute it. Now add finley chopped ginger and garlic.
- Followed by turmeric, chili powder, coriander
powder, cumin powder, asafoetida and salt, stir all the ingredients together.
- Add a little water for de glazing the pan.
- Now add the chole or chickpeas (soaked overnight
and pressure cooked) to the masala.
- Stirring them well and then add tomatoes, little
sugar and salt to taste to the chole.
- Now add ajwain, chopped green chilies and water
for the base.
- To get the nice color in the chole, add a tea
bag to the masala.
- Cover the pan with lid and let them for an hour
to simmer the chhole gently.
- To enhance the taste add lime juice and a dollop
of butter to it.
- Garnish the chole with coriander and butter and
serve them hot with bhaturas.
Recipe To Prepare The Bhaturas:
- Knead the whole wheat flour, Maida and salt
together use the water as needed.
- For fermentation sprinkle the yeast on top and
leave the dough for 2-3 hours so that yeast can work.
- Make small balls of dough of equal size. Roll
out in an oval or round shape.
- Deep fry till golden brown, like a puri.
- Serve them hot and crisp.
Ingredients Of Chole Bhature:
- 2 cup chickpeas (channas)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 Bbay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 Cinnamon stick (dalchini)
- 3-4 Cloves (laung)
- 1 tsp whole pepper corns (sabut kali mirch)
- 3 Green cardamom (choti elaichi)
- 2 Black cardamom (badi elaichi)
- 1 tsp rurmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (zeera powder)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (zeera)
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida (heeng)
- to taste salt
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 Tea bag
- 1 tbsp butter
- For the bhaturas:
- 2 cups maida (refined flour)
- 1/2 tsp yeast (dissolved for 10 minutes in luke warm
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- A pinch of salt
- Water (to knead)
- Oil (for frying)